Exit

Publish

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Team,

it would be great if you can assist me on this 

every time i publish eLearning content Captivate program doesnt respond and the application keeps hanging for ages ...i had to restart to end it 

could you please advise what would be the rootcause for this issue 

regards,

Sari 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which folder are you publishing to? Make sure it is a folder on your system,  not on a shared or networked drive.

If you are on Windows, use Captivate with 'Run as Administrator' feature.

Be sure to use the most recent version of Captivate. Check the version number under Help, About Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am publishing to my computer/Desktop.....created a folder and placed on my desktop .....I am using Captivate 2019 .......the file size is big around 100 MB .....includes videos/audios/images.... how do I use Captivate with "Run as Administrator  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CP2019 had already 6 releases, please check the full version number (Help, About Captivate). The most recent release for Windows is 11.5.5.553.

Is that the file size of the published project? You can check that file size before publishing in the panel 'Project Info'. 

SizeHTML.png

If you are in a company, your desktop may very well be on a networked drive, did you check?

'Run as Administrator': right-click on the launch icon for Captivate, you'll see that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Release 11.5.1.449 ......how can i get the latest ? 

most probably yes.... my desktop on networked drive...will check with IT and get back to you .....but lets assume it is ...what would be the solution ? 

the file size i shared is before publishing.....in my screen there is no file size 

sarih33769054_0-1605183494551.png

sarih33769054_1-1605183824049.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask your IT-people, tell you need to work on the project while it is on your system. You can download from the network and upload after finishing.

You didn't open the panel 'Project Info', but you show the dialog box which you can open from the File menu. To open a panel you need to use the Window menu. Sorry about the confusion, they shouldn't have used the same title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I checked with the IT team and it turned out that im not on a networked drive ....Also i used "Run as Administrator" and still i am facing the same issue .........when I click publish the system doesnt complete the publishing process and it keeps hanging until i restart my computer ...... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try cleaning the Preferences. Find the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder and run the file CleanPreferencesWin.bat. Captivate needs to be closed. Restart Captivate and see if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your response 

do you mean Preferences in Captivate application - check below screen shot

sarih33769054_0-1605778962215.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I explained, will repeat:

1. Close Captivate
  2. Look in the installation folder of Captivate, there is a subfolder labeled 'utils'
  3. In that folder you find the file 'CleanPreferencesWin.bat'.
  4. Run that file by double-clicking it.

This is much easier than the manual way which I didn't explain. 

When you restart Captivate, a brandnew version of that folder (which is in your profile) will be created and your problem could be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sarih33769054_1-1605785568804.png

I did exactly what you asked me to do and double clicked on 'CleanPreferencesWin.bat' a black screen oped up for for a split second and disappears ......I opened captivate and tried to publish and still hanging and the issue is unsolved.

check below screen shot .....am I selecting something wrong before i click on publish ?

sarih33769054_0-1605785380407.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, you do still dual publishing! Why do you need to publish to both SWF and HTML5? That may be the origin of your problems. Please, Flash Player is almost dead (end of 2020) for all browsers. Publish ONLY to HTML5 and check if you still have publishing issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have selected single output format and still not responding ......it is really annoying! 😞 

sarih33769054_0-1605793148032.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am out of ideas. If you are sure there is nothing incompatible with HTML5. I wonder if something is awry with this partciular project. Can you test by creating a very simple one slide project, just some objects and try to publish?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

1. Take a copy of your project to experiment on (do Save As and give it a different name).
  2. Hide half the slides in your new copy project and try publishing.
  3. If successful, try hiding the other half of the slides instead and try publishing again.
  4. If successfully able to publish when simply hiding some of the slides, then that would tend to indicate your issue is insufficient resources on your development PC. 
  5. However, if hiding only one part of your project seems to fix the issue, then that would tend to indicate that perhaps something is corrupted in that hidden part of the project.  So you progressively show small groups of the hidden slides again to try and find where the issue is located.  If you can narrow it down to a slide or some object on that slide, then delete and replace that slide or component.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks RodWard 

I tried to hide half of the slides and publish ..didnt work ....actually I tried to publish 4 slides only and still facing the same issue ...... Do I need a laptop with certain specifications to pulish Adobe Captivate file ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most laptops today are capable of publishing a Captivate file, especially if it only has 4 slides.

Are you able to create a new blank project with only one slide and publish that correctly?

If not, I would suggest you reinstall Captivate because that would indicate something is definitely wrong with your installation.  

If you can publish a new project, then the issue must be corruption in your current project.  Saving all slides to a new project shell sometimes strips out the corruption.  But if even that does not work, you may need to rebuild from the ground up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources