• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Published Captivate files crashing on iPhone 11 (chrome and safari)

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're experiencing issues when publishing scalable HTML5 courses and viewing on the iPhone 11 (tested in both Chrome and Safari). The courses crash on some of the pages where we have used customised advanced actions and states. These have always worked in the past so no idea why they don't now. We have gone through each page, rebuilt from scratch and tested in new documents but the issues still persist.

We've been pulling our hair out trying to find a solution. Happy to upload a development file for review.

Using Captivate 11.5.4.613 on Apple Mac Catalina 11.15.2

TOPICS
Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Chrome browser has Developer Tools that allow you to simulate a mobile environment from your desktop.  You may need to get someone with IT skills to check whether these tools show an error when you get to that particular slide.  If so, that should help you find the cause of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip.

I've taken a look using this and nothing is coming up as an error unfortunatelty.

The only thing that was flagged up when the course loaded was the following:

1. Request URL:
  2. Referrer Policy:
    no-referrer-when-downgrade

Having researched regarding the "_cp_n_m_", it seems that creating a empty document named _cp_n_m_ and locating it within the same folder as the index.html should fix the error. When doing this, I no longer get the error log in development tools, but the file is still crashing on my mobile phone device.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My suggestion would be to use a process of elimination to work out exactly which component present in the project is responsible for the crashing.

You mentioned above that it crashes on specific slides that have some Advanced Actions and custom Object States.  Does it still crash if you create a project file that just has one of these particular slides but nothing else other than perhaps a blank slide before and after it?

If even a single slide will cause a crash then you need to start progressively removing objects, states, line items from the Advanced Actions (i.e. using a process of elimination) to find which thing is causing the crash.  That shouldn't take too long if you are only dealing with a single slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be way off, but when I had stuff not working on my iphone, after trouble shooting for a couple days, the problem was the slide quality settings were different on those slides. The problem slides were set to optimize instead of at 24bit high quality like all the rest. Someone looked at the Scorm and said that the slides weren't sending reporting information back to LMS, whatever that means. They weren't quizzes. Again I might be way off, but it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you find a solution?

/Jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources