• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Published SCORM files in both SWF and HTML5 format, will they work with Flash decommissioning?

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings All, 

With the decommissioning of Flash, we are looking to update our (sometime old) SCORM files on the LMS to SWF. We've found out that our files were published in both formats and they all contain the Multiscreen file. 

Will these keep on working once Flash is gone? And if not is there a solution to force it to launch in the HTML version only? This is important to us as we don't have the old .cptx files anymore to republish only to HTML. 

Any thoughts on the subject would be most welcome! 

Warm regards!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect not. As I understand its functionality (multiscreen) it is checking if you are using a desktop/laptop browser and launching the SWF version in that case. If the browser is no longer supporting Flash player, the course will not show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Lilybiry, 

Thanks for your answer! But what if I made the change in the multiscreen file and copy the path it takes to the index.html version and change the SWF version to that one. 

Could that work? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources