Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Published Video Demo Distorted

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I downloaded the Trial Version of Captivate yesterday...trying before buying. I am an absolute novice using the tool, so appreciate your patience and assistance on my questions below.

After installing, I created a Video Demo, aim is to create a tutorial of an Excel tool.

I used the “Application” setting for the recording:

settings_demo-video.jpg

The preview automatically shown after the recording and video displayed in Captivate after selecting “Edit” are both crystal clear, but there is a strange black box showing, which I could manually select and delete:

black_box-recording.jpg

Why is this black box being displayed? Is there anyway of removing before/after recording automatically?

After Publishing the recording, the video is distorted. I have tried different custom sizes for the recording:

• 1920 X 1040
  • 1396 X 768
  • 1280 X 692
  • 1024 X 768
  • 836 X 626 – although this size is far too small

1024 X 768 … seems to work the best, but the video is still far too blurry in places, especially if I need to produce and send to a client in the future.

Perhaps there is a simple fix by adjusting the settings or using a different size, so the output is as crystal clear as in the actual preview?

Otherwise, perhaps there is an alternative fix by editing in Premiere Pro? We have the full CC license package.

Many thanks for your feedback and assistance,

Cara

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if you ever found the answer to your issue but I figured it out this morning after searching and couldn't find anything specific to our issue. The black box is allocated to your webcam image, should you have wanted to create a video demo with your face in it. Toggling it off and making a recording will omit the black box in the final product.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources