• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing for SCORM 2004 - Cant find passed/failed option

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon! I am using Captivate 2019 trying to publish my course for SCORM 2004. My LMS is requiring SCORM 2004 with Status Representation - Incomplete - Passed/Failed. However this is not an option when I have SCORM 2004 selected. With out this option the LMS will not be able to keep track of actual scores. This option is available for SCORM 1.2 but NOT 2004. At the end of the course it displays the score but does not send final numbers to the LMS. They are telling me its because I dont have status representation - Incomplete - Passed/Failed checked. I appreciate any input you can give. I have attached the screen shot of what my options are for SCORM 2004. And if you have any input of what my setting should be for SCORM 2004 that would be helpful. I dont really know what the stardards are.

 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Status Representation is merely how your learner's attempt at your eLearning is represented in the LMS. It can only be communicated as one of the following.

• Incomplete
  • Complete
  • Passed
  • Failed

In SCORM 1.2 this representation is determined by either user access, slide views and/or quiz results. In SCORM 2004 these characteristics were separated so that learners could be considered complete and successful for different or possibly the same determining factors. If your LMS is asking for status representation than it is likely looking for SCORM 1.2 as it doesn't really exist in 2004. Perhaps check with your LMS provider and double-check if they are in fact looking for 1.2 or 2004.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Paul correctly said, SCORM 1.2 only had one variable to try and communicate to the LMS what are essentially two different things, i.e  Completion (whether or not the learner reached a point where they could be considered to have completed the module) and Success (whether or not the learner had passed the module). 

This was later recognised to be a severe limitation and so when SCORM 2004 was released the completion and success criteria were split out to be handled by two different SCORM variables so that educators could more accurately report completion and success.

You can find more information about the differences between these two SCORM versions here:
https://scorm.com/scorm-explained/business-of-scorm/scorm-versions/

https://myelearningworld.com/scorm-12-vs-scorm-2004/

I looked at the screencaptures you posted and the settings look fine to me.  You can clearly see the different sections for Completion and Success criteria shown in the SCORM 2004 reporting screen. So, I'm going to come down on the side of saying that I think the problem is with your own LMS and suggest that while you are there at SCORM.com I would suggest you do our favourite test of LMSs and just upload the same Captivate module your current LMS is rejecting to see whether SCORM cloud also complains about it.  I'm betting it won't because SCORM Cloud is THE gold standard for LMSs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Complete/Incomplete in your LMS requirements is controlled with the Completion Criteria.

Passed/Failed is controlled with Success Criteria.

As soon as you launch the lesson, the completion status should be set to incomplete.

The completion status can only be one of the following:

• completed
  • incomplete
  • not attempted
  • unknown

The success status can only be one of the following:

• passed
  • failed
  • unknown

You need to select the default template instead of the SendTrackingDataAtEnd.

So you can set completion criteria as 100% of slides viewed and leave the Success Criteria as you have it. The LMS should then show Complete and either Passed or Failed.

You can also set it up with quiz attempts and not let the user reach the last slide unless they pass the quiz so it would show:

Incomplete and Failed or Complete and Passed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having a related issue.

I have a series of courses. I need to publish them for SCORM 2004 v4

Some have quizzes (set to "Quiz is passed"), others do not (set to "Slide views 100%").

No matter which setting I use on the Success Criteria I cannot get SCORM Cloud to show the course as "Failed". It either returns "Unknown" or (if the parameters are met) "Passed"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources