• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing with GIF animation

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to Captivate 2019 and due to Flash EOL am publishing as HTML moving forward.  I create small GIFs in Photoshop and have used the Save for Web export function to publish my GIFs in the past.  They always worked when I published as .swf., however the HTML 5 tracker states the GIF is an unsupported animation.  Are GIFs not at all supported in Captivate when published as HTML.. or do I need a different workflow to create them?  Photoshop is a great way for me to create GIFs as I am not a coder, so I hope I can keep this workflow.

TOPICS
Advanced , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They work for me. How are you importing them?

Have you tested them in a browser to see if they play?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris.  I am dragging the GIF into the library.  It displays under media after upload.  They work in browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some workflows used to create animated GIFs in Photoshop seemn not to work for HTML( output properly. One example: if you use masking to create the frames for the animation, it often fails. Also make sure that you have a frame duration which is bigger than 0 secs.

Alternative is to create a HTML animation (like an OAM which you can create with Animate CC). That is a different workflow of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lily.  I am using a very basic workflow in Photoshop.  The animation was just an arrow changing color so I was displaying a blue arrow and then that would end and I would immediately display a yellow arrow, no masks or anything complex.  Any ideas on resources you could point me toward to get a better grip on how I can publish animation from photoshop that works in Captivate?  It really helps me boost my graphics in Captivate. Thanks for all you do.  I read your posts often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is more tiral and error. I don't know why animaged GIFs created in PS which worked fine for SWF output don't work for HTML output. I learned to use only very simple tweening, based on frames made from layers. Sorry, have not explored in depth, prefer OAMs when possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources