• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about a review slide

Explorer ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm working from a quiz template I was given, changing the questions that were already in the project to different questions. They're all true/false questions. The very last slide of the project lists all the questions and they'll have a checkmark or an x next to them. Problem is they're not organized correctly after I've changed all the old question slides to new ones as well as I had to add an extra two.

I can't figure out how this review slide works. I'm not very familiar with quiz slides. There are no actions on the quiz buttons so I don't know how it is determined whether the images dispaly the checkmark state or the x state. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The review slide you are mentioning is not something native to Captivate's quizzing features, it must have been custom built. Difficult to help without seeing how it has been set up. The Advanced Interactivity panel (F9) could help you to detect the advanced or shared actions which have been used.

Just FYI, here is a blog post which describes the workflow to set up a custom review slide:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/custom-review

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply. The Advanced Interactivity panel is compeltely empty, there are no advanced or shared actions.

That blog post looks like it's on the right page for what I'm trying to accomplish, I just don't understand where I'm supposed to execute the shared action to change the state of an image to either the checkmark or the x. Unlike with buttons, there is no Action tab when I click on the bubble that is used to select an answer for the quiz question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the step-by-step-workflow. YOu'll see this:

CustomReview.PNG

That is where you attach the shared actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, should have been more specific. I am more of a visual learner (screenshots and videos) so I'm not sure if I'm even looking in the right place. 

I have set the questions to only have 1 attempt each, which the tutorial states should make the events available but I can't find where Success and Last Attempt are.

ty0_0-1653406079218.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot is not what you should normally have for a Question slide nor a Knowledge Check slide. This is how it looks with one attempt:

QuizEvents.PNG

I wonder where you took that screenshot? Is this in the Quiz Properties panel?

I have a complete basic course about Quizzes in the eLearning portal, but at this moment I cannot access anything there anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha, just found out why my panel looks different. I was in the view you get from clicking one of the options under the Question Pool window. If I view the Quiz Properties from the specific slide from the Flimstrip, I have the On Success and Last Attempt actions. Thank you for walking me through this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Are you working with Random questions? That would make it a lot more complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they are Random Questions. Each Question slide has two so the True and False options can be switched around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't get that at all... Can you explain a little bit more?

The workflow I described for the custom review slide will not work for Random questions. I did re-read the whole thread and you didn't mention that before. Using random slides will restrict many workflows:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/random-questions-dos-and-donts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources