• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about Quiz and settings in Captivate

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! In my e-learning in captivate I need to give 2 attempts to learners to pass the test. After that, they can only re-take the test if they complete the entire course. If we only give them two attempts then they won't be able to re-take the test after completing the course. We also prefer not to re-assign the course everytime they finish it. Is there an option maybe with java to give those instructions? To tell the system if they fail two times, they can re take the course and the test? Thanks. Sofia 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you have a look at this thread, with a very similar question:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate-discussions/quiz-problems/td-p/13107161

I offered a workflow, which works perfectly in a test project I created for that purpose.

As I mentioned in the thread, you have to be careful if you also want to offer the Preview possibility for the quiz.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let me know if you have tried it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SCORM module does not control the LMS.  So you cannot force the LMS to do something it is not configured to do when you or the LMS Admin sets up the course.

Captivate does allow you to use variables and conditional actions to control how the module itself behaves.

So, as Lilybiri's post explains, you can use variables to determine when the learner has already made two unsuccessful attempts and then jump them back to the beginning of the module, but with another attempt at the entd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources