Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question Advancement even if incorrect

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI All
In these days of Neuro diversity does anyone know a way of creating an audio rollover based upon a question answer.
I can uses an icon to play the audio if i dont shuffle answers but i would like to be able to shuffle 🙂

Any pointers gratefully accepted 🙂

Gary

Captivate 2019

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should it be a rollover? Can you explain more in detail? 

Which type of question? If it is a MCQ with one correct answer, you can use the Advanced answer feature, show a feedback message for each answer. Like any feedback message you can attach audio to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI again @Lilybiri 
I have set up all of my question pool slides to 'play audio' as in read the question out when the slide appears (with a button to replay the audio if the user wishes.

i would like to give the use the facility to roll over the offered answers and it play the audio of the text of that answer.

i did it with play icons but then i realised that with shuffle answers on this wasn't going to work.
It would be for MultiChoice question answers only>>

its just to play the audio of the text.
Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are aware of the fact that rollovers only work on desktop/laptop, not on mobile devices (tablet, phone)?

Not sure if you can attach a rollover event to each answer with JS or by using the CpExtra widget (InfoSemantics - Australia), not if that will be preserved when the answers are shuffled. At least if you want to keep with the default MCQ quiz slides.

It would be easier with custom created MCQ slides, but without lot of programming skills you would lose the shuffling feature. Each answer could be a shape used as button and you can attach the audio to the Rollover state. The evaluation of the answer (correct/wrong) would need to be done using shared or advanced actions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can create an Advanced Action that plays an audio file if the user is correct or incorrect. 

And if you mean can you play an audio file on the rollover of an object BEFORE answering... you might be able to do the same thing or play the audio at the beginning of the slide, maybe?

Cheers,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mark@headTrix 

Thank you for replying 🙂
Based on one of @Lilybiri preivous blogs i have workked out to create an action to play audio if a question answer is correct or incorrect.

I have the question 'read out' as an audio file upon the slide loading but if you read my reply above you will see what the scenario is im trying to achieve 🙂

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I have done the same in a project. I think the instant user feedback with audio is great!

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources