• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question pool - multiple issue - how to be able to go back and still have the feedback on the page

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have create a question pool and add all my question I already had in my captivate. 

Once all my question is in my question pool, all my advanced action have desapear. I used advanced action to show/hide my smartshape use as a feddback, show my Next button, and show another image in my page when you click on Submit button . All these smartshape/button/image was Showed when I clicked on Submit. 

Now I have convert the "caption" to Shape for my feedback but it must be the automatic action from captivate when I click submit. I can't use my advanced action in my question in the pool.

If a click on "next" when I submit my answer and go to the next page and then I click on Back to my first page, here is my problem : 

- the feddback have desapear from my page

- I can't go back to second page. the "next" seems to be deactivated in the page. 

Is there a way to be able to go back and then return to the next page and navigate between the page?

Is there a way to keep the feedback shape alsways visible in the page when you complete the question?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Petit à petit je commence à saisir la situations que vous voulez réaliser. Corrigez-moi svp:

• Vous voulez offrir une navigation libre même pour les 'random questions'.
  • Pour cette raison l'option du bouton 'retour' est activé, ce qui pourrait causer des problèmes normalement. Quand on retourne sur une question qui a déjà une réponse, cette réponse sera frigorifié. Il vous faut activer l'option 'Submit all' pour éviter cette situation, mais alors il est possible de changer des réponses et vous n'auriez pas le feedback éternel souhaité.
  • Vous auriez automatiquement des boutons 'Back' et 'Next' avec Submit All.
  • Vous ne voulez pas des messages défault parce que ces messages devraient rester visible tout le temps après avoir cliqué 'Submit'. Mais vous aviez toujours activé ces messages, pourquoi? Il vous faut abandonner le processus en deux marches, décrit ici:
    Captivate's Quizzes (2): Submit Process - eLearning (adobe.com)
    Quiz Tweak 4: Submit Process - eLearning (adobe.com)

Est-il possible de confirmer ce que j'ais compris? 

Est-il vraiment nécessaire d'avoir une navigation libre dans les diapositives de quiz? Je pourrais tester une solution pour avoir le feedback (shape) permanent, même pendant la phase de Review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

The user must submit the answer while they are in the page and should not be able to continue to the next page until they answer to the question. 

Usually (with normal question and advanced action) our user can navigate and return on a privous question page but CAN'T redo the question. But the feedback is still in the page (the feedback is a smart shape show by an action). But it doesn't work now in a pool question.  If I have no choice, I will remove the "back" button.

Also, I don't want a "review phase". I just want the feedback stay in the page. Is it possible?

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was talking about the Review phase because it automatically adds the Review buttons Back and Next.

If the learner cannot return to a question, what is the utility of keeping the Feedback message permanent? That has only meaning if you create the navigation buttons as well. This is then what you want after the Submit button has been clicked:

• Not the default messages but one permanent message, which can be either Success or Failure. 
  • Back and Next button appear. At least one of them needs to pause the slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the learner should be able to return to a question. But juste to read the feedback one more time. So the feedback must be permanent. 

But in a pool question, how can I use a permanent message? and how can I made appear the back and next question at the moment they submit the answer?

The review phase allow user to go back to the question but when the finish the module but I want them to be able to read again a previus page they just answerd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I never post a solution without having it double-checked. You will need to give me some time, and if my idea is functional will write it out in a blog post and put the link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources