Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions regarding elearning community

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

I have a couple of quesitons regarding the eleanring community and could not find a support link on that site. 

Is there someone I can ask my questions of here? I am trying to understand a few things and straighten out a few things that I think are bugs.

Please let me know.

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You already got my answer in the eLearning community as well.

As moderator here, I can only tell you that this is not the place to search for help. This is  mainly a user forum for technical questions concerning Captivate. There used to be a link with the community, but that link has been broken quite a while ago. Other rules, other responsibility. 

I am really sorry and sad that you are having problems but cannot help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - so I have contacted Adobe Support so far they have not been able to answer my questions. They acturally directed me to the forums. But, they are still trying to find resources for me. 

There should be an easier way to get answers and connect with the support/moderator team from the elearning community. It is way more difficult that it needs to be considering all the time I have spent on searching and asking quesitons.

I appreciate your response, and I know this is an Adobe issue, but it is harder than it needs to be.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree... You could insist by posting a testimonial (or multiple ones) in the Community? Just hoping that it will be heard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, yes. I have tried that as well. That is actually one of my quesitons. I have content that was submitted days ago that hasn't been published, while others published after have been. Which makes me wonder if there is certain content they are not allowing on the community. Anyway, hopefully soon I will get the answers.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be VERY patient. I have  blogs waiting for moderation as well, one since 5th of July. Have no idea why they like to frustrate users. Have been posting many, many blogs but feel still not trusted.  It is getting worse instead of improving. Not customer friendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we have to be realistic here and understand that the so-called Adobe Captivate Community site is more targeted at marketing, not support of end users who have technical issues. 

Adobe expects this User Forum, made up entirely of unpaid users, to replace any need for them to support their product using their own employees.  I personally believe it's a bad strategy and has resulted in Adobe Captivate getting a bad reputation for support, despite the sterling efforts of volunteers on this forum like Lilybiri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not easy to build a community, totally aware of that. Personally I have tried to help also to build the community, which starts by building up 'trust'. That is essential, at least in my mind, even more for a virtual community than for a live community (was head of department in university college). 

Indeed, as Rod points out, I am a volunteer. Reason is that I believe that Captivate has many good features which when used by competent developers can lead to efficient, engaging eLearning courses. But Adobe fails (at this moment) to offer starting and intermediate customers the support they need and would appreciate. I thought that my combined background as teacher, coach and advanced user of Captivate (do not like the word 'expert', which is too often abused) I could help  users to climb the learning mountain (it is not a small hill). Often it seems that I am wrong.  The eLearning community has not one tutorial on its site, created with Captivate.  There is no trust, because there are too many bugs on the site (scoring system, terminology, classification. of blogs..). There is no trust built, and due to lack of professional moderation the amount of frustrated users is growing daily. This thread is only one example.

I just feel sad, but also lost trust and that is much worse. My commitment to this forum (where I also act as moderator - for free) will not be lost. Please post your questions here, not in the community. Many experts like Rod are around here to help you with their experience.  In these official Adobe forums the users with a mention ACP or MVP are trusted by Adobe. Their content doesn't need moderation. Moderation here is distributed over user moderators (like me) and staff members. We are all over the world, which means moderation is almost 24/7 and you will not have to wait days or even weeks before seeing your question (blog) appear and being answered. 

You can still find interesting information in the elearning community, if you take some time to search beyond the home page.  In this particular situation, do not go to the community from Captivate but use a bookmark in your browser. Maybe one day it will change, trying to be optimistic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Here's the update. I have not heard from anyone at support that can answer my questions. And 2 of the pending posts that I put up over a week ago seemed to have been deleted.  No message. No response   Nothing? Why would that be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashamed and sad, powerless... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lieve,

This is NOT your fault.  You have nothing to be ashamed of. Nobody has given more unpaid time to this forum than YOU have.

Maybe it's time we all just stopped giving free support and let the backlash from disgruntled Captivate users teach Adobe that you cannot expect to keep your market position by selling a complex software product and then just leaving people to fend for themselves without REAL support.  Our efforts are just papering over the cracks here and preventing most users from knowing that the answers they are getting should really have been coming from support peope that are actually employed by Adobe to do this job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed. Not your fault at all. It's amazing to me that you can't get good support. I, just looking for some answers on the community and it is difficult. 
Please do not feel bad. I have read some of your posts and they are really helpful. Once o get further into the software I will likely reference others. 
Keep doing what you are doing. Helping us always good. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources