• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz duration NaN in TOC and slides not appearing

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a really frustrating issue. I can't figure out what triggers it yet - it has happened three times (that I know of) to different people in the last month, but that's out of hundreds of users. Most see no issue at all. I can't reproduce it at will.

When there is an issue, the course itself works fine until you get to the quiz. The first question never appears - it's just a blank screen. If I look at the TOC, the duration for the quiz is listed as NaN:NaN. So it's basically acting as if it knows the quiz is there but can't find it.

quizNaN.png

To add craziness to this, if I drop the registration for the course in the LMS (Saba) and re-enroll, the whole thing is fine - the quiz works perfectly - EXCEPT that it immediately communicates a "Complete" status to the LMS (even if all I do is open and close the course).

Any ideas as to how to figure this out (or solutions are good!) would be most appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

I would suggest that the issue is due to numeric variable values being converted into strings at some point but not being converted back into numbers when the course is resumed.

Now that I know there's a mobile app involved, I would be pointing the finger there.  You can easily test whether the issue is with something inside the Captivate module by just uploading the same SCORM to SCORM Cloud and testing it there using the same procedure you found to reproduce the error.  If SCORM Cloud handle

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to see that you didn't get any answer. That type of very inconsistent appearing issues is very hard to help with. You tell that it happens only to a minority of your users, which means the problem is residing prbably in something from the environment of those users and that can be anythign. I'm sorry, cannot help you neither. It may be due to Captivate but doubt it very much. You could test in SCORM Cloud to see if  thoe users can reproduce the problem in this standard LMS or not to exclude the possibility that your LMS is where you need to find the origin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The letters NaN stand for Not a Number.  It's staying that the data that has somehow been picked up by the TOC widget to display for the duration of the quiz makes no sense because it should be a number and it is not.  It's most likely a text value being pulled in where a number value should be supplied.

Is it possible these errors only occur when the user has bailed out of a session and then later logged on again to resume from where they left off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,

It is certainly possible that they bailed and re-entered, though I don't know for sure that they did. I am only able to see it after logging in as them after the issue has already appeared, so by definition I am seeing it in that scenario. I don't know at the moment whether the user had used multiple sessions prior to that point.

Is there an issue you're aware of that can crop up in that kind of situation?

Thanks
Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - I just succesfully reproduced this for the first time myself. Thanks for the idea.

Turns out this happens when launching, closing, and relaunching the course as you suggested, but only within the Saba mobile app. I still have no idea why that's the case, but at least I can make it happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would suggest that the issue is due to numeric variable values being converted into strings at some point but not being converted back into numbers when the course is resumed.

Now that I know there's a mobile app involved, I would be pointing the finger there.  You can easily test whether the issue is with something inside the Captivate module by just uploading the same SCORM to SCORM Cloud and testing it there using the same procedure you found to reproduce the error.  If SCORM Cloud handles it perfectly, then you KNOW the issue is with SABA or their mobile app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources