• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz labels and question change

New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a set of quiz questions in Captivate 2019, now have to create a Spanish version of the quiz. I changed the quiz labels in quiz preferences. Is there any way now of having he updated labels show without having to create a new slide for each and copy/paste to get the spanish version of each label to display?

Also, is there anywhere I can change the 'Question x' text at the top so I can have this in Spanish too?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the entire module going to be in Spanish, or just the quiz part of it?

If the entire module is Spanish, you should be looking at exporting all the text and closed captions etc into a Word document for translation into Spanish and then reimporting afterward to create the Spanish version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the problems is that the translation of the Default labels in Quiz Preferences will NOT be reflected in the quizzing master slides which is very annoying.  You may try to translate the labels IN the master slides, and use the Reset master slide button in the Properties panel...

For the questions themselves I always use GIFT import. 

Understand Rod's suggestion, but the workflow with Word is... to be polite... bit tricky. Sometimes it works, sometimes not due to many possible goals. 

I have been blogging about localisation, and posting many feature requests. But as we are used to 'America first' seems also the moto for Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I already have the translated content. Just wanted to know if there was a less time consuming way of updating the labels for each slide than the copy and pasting of text into new slides.

I haven't seen a label or property that allows you to change the text of the 'Question x' that automatically appears at the top of a quiz slide - is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not always on top of the quiz slide, depends on the used theme (which includes the master slides).

Unless you have a very old version of Captivate, this Progress indicator is now included (on my pleading and repeated feature requests) in the Default Labels under Quiz Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources