• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz questions are disappearing on relaunch of class

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're using Captivate 2019 to create content for PeopleSoft ELM.  Publishing to HTML5 in AICC format. The issue we are having is that when an end user leaves the WBT prior to taking the Quiz or during the Quiz then relaunches the class the Quiz slides are blank.  The content is obviously still there but it's being hidden.  We've been troubleshooting this for a month.  Changing Quiz preferences, Table of Contents settings, LMS settings, Quiz properties, etc.  

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this issue or where I should focus my efforts?

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried uploading the same content to SCORM Cloud to test?  If you get no issue with SCORM Cloud playing back the same content then I would have to say the issue is most likely with your LMS (likely related to your LMS not storing the Resume Data required to populate the questions).

If you DO see the same issue from SCORM Cloud with AICC content, then try changing to SCORM instead.  Since your issue seems to be related to Resume Data, it could be that your course is too large for the current standard you are using, so try using SCORM 2004 rather than SCORM 1.2.  SCORM 2004 has much more generous allowances for Resume Data storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately our LMS only allows AICC format at this time due to the way the set-up the servers when they were implementing. We are working on changing that to where we can do SCORM as well. 

I do have one other question about the quiz options. I notice that I have several courses with the same Objective ID number. Should this number be unique to each course?  I'm probably grasping here but thought I'd ask. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think perhaps you missed the nuance of what I was suggesting before.  SCORM Cloud doesn't ONLY support SCORM standard.  It also has the option of testing your course in AICC format.

So the reason I asked you to upload your course AICC package to SCORM Cloud was mainly to find out whether the issue is with your LMS or your course.  If your course encounters no issues when delivered from SCORM Cloud in AICC format then the most likely explanation is that there's something wrong with your own LMS.  If SCORM Cloud shows the same issue then perhaps the problem is buried in your course content.

In my experience the Objective ID number isn't likely to be significant, but yes it should be different for each course.  If you just upload to SCORM Cloud, and you have no other courses in SCORM Cloud with the same ID, then it's not going to matter (for the purposes of just doing testing).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I will definitely give that a try. I appreciate you taking the time to explain further. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources