• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz questions skipping ahead (Captivate 9)

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's an issue in a few of my courses that the quiz questions skip ahead as soon as the user clicks a question rather than after they hit submit. I personally cannot replicate this issue, but others have been able to, but I can't figure out why thisis happening or what to do to address it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you edit the quizzing master slides and/or the quiz slides? More in particular: did you delete any embedded object? An embedded object has no individual timeline. Did you keep thedefault two-step Submit process? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, well, here's the thing. I inherited the courses from someone else, so it's possible they deleted something. Like what exactly? Could I tell if it had been deleted?

The two-step submit process is what exactly? Currently the user clicks the answer, click submit and then has to click anywhere to unfreeze the slide and move on. There is a false NEXT button that's just a shape for the users to click on after submitting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look at the quizzing master slide of a new project (maybe using the same theme) and compare.

Submit Process is described in one of the many blogs I wrote about Quizzing:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/02/captivates-quizzes-2-submit-process/

That blog also describes the embedded objects.

If that fake shape button is just a shape, not a button, that is fine. It is just restricting the click on the slide to the click on the shape. One of the tweaks I proposed in this post:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/04/quiz-tweak-4-submit-process/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources