• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz retake/review not working as expected

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a short quiz at the end of my topic. I have it set for a passing grade to continue. I also have it set so that the user can review the quiz after the results page shows. 

Problem is that if you fail the quiz and select 'Review Quiz', the user reviews the quiz but is not afforded the opportunity to retake the quiz. Just the 'Review Quiz' and 'Continue' button are showing. Continue does nothing as the score still reflects a failing grade.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quiz is functioning exactly as it is logically designed. If you allow the default Review, the learner will see which answers are correct and taking another attempt makes no sense. Sorry, but I have been a professor for decades. 

In the default design all remaining attempts on quiz level are gone when the learner clicks the Review button. For that reason I always recommend to drag the Review button under the Retake button on the Results slide, to avoid that scenario. More details in this blog post, part of a basic Quiz course:

Captivate's Quizzes (3): Attempts and Scores - eLearning (adobe.com)

A number of possible tweaks;

Quiz Tweaks 5: Results slide - eLearning (adobe.com)

If you really want to show some review, without showing the correct answers, you need to create a custom Review slide. A possible workflow in this blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/custom-review

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources