• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Failed to Publish" with no supporting information

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished a project containing 11 slides, nothing fancy, all Captivate supported formatting and audio. For some reason now I can't preview at all. I can play a single slide in the timeline, but I can't do anything else. I tried outright publishing this project (it needs to be HTML5 to be supported by my LMS) to my computer and get the following:

"Could not copy folder: .../.../.../.../assets"

But when I go to the directory it allegedly is "copying" to I SEE THE ASSETS file. I opened the HTML5 tracker and nothing is listed. I've closed and re-opened captivate, I've restarted my computer. This issue is with ALL of my projects not just this one as I have just checked. I'm honestly at a loss. Is there anything from the Captivate side that I could do that I haven't? I suspect that it is due to a local hardware change, but captivate was being screwing while I was recording audio with the internal tool (freezing, not letting me seek in the edit tab, etc, etc)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reboot your computer and try again.

If that doesn't work, clear the cache.

If that doesn't work, reset your Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reboot was already done, and it didn't work. Cache cleared and it didn't work either. I cleared out the unused items out of my library as well. Not sure why it is still failing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Wndows? Do you run Captivate with 'Run as Admininstrator' option?

Did you try to clean the Preferences? Look in th subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder and run the appropriate 'CleanPreferences....' while Captivate is closed.

Recently corrupt Layouts appeared a couple of times in the forums as possible cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac. I've tried to clean my preferences and deleted everything in the subfolders. Not sure what the issue is, and not sure why this program is so delicate. I only used tools and features in this program. Not sure how anything could have gotten corrupted...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the folder to which you are trying to publish the HTML5 output?  I cannot tell from your original description whether or not the folder is on your local hard drive or on some network.

You need to make sure that the publish location is a folder on your local drive to which you have full permissions.  And to avoid corrupting your CPTX project file you need to make sure you always work on it from a local drive location as well; never from a network.  (You may already know all of this but I felt it worth mentioning.)

If everything is local and you still cannot publish, then open a new blank project and try publishing that to HTML5 locally to see if the issue might be something in your current project that is fouling up the publish process.  If that turns out to be the case, try hiding slides and republishing to see if you can isolate which slide has the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't launch a new blank project. I tried to re-install the program and it still won't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error when I try to create a new "Responsive project" is:

"Adobe Captivate could not open "Fluid_box_demo.cptx". Ensure that:

- file is not open already

- file is not damaged.

- the hard disk has sufficient space

the system has sufficient resources."

I would never encounter issues like this when I wasn't using a BS cloud application...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a demo which plays the first time you open a responsive project with Fluid Boxes. It is part of the eLearning Assets. Did you install the eLearning assets? I don't know where they are on a Mac, for WIndows they are in the Public Documents.

What do you mean by a BS cloud application? Captivate is not a cloud application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you cannot even launch a new blank project then you have some kind of major issue with your Captivate installation or setup.

What specific version of Captivate are you using on your MAC?  (Major and minor version please.)

Did you happen to update your Apple OS recently?

I'm wondering if perhaps you don't have the latest patches or updates installed.  That might explain the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got off of a long screen sharing experience with Adobe support, after they looked through everything the completely uninstalled and reinstalled the application and was still seeing the issue. I am assuming this means it is due to a recent software change from my IT department. I have been running High Sierra since I got this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So which version of Captivate are you now running?

Did the Adobe Support person also install all patches for that version?

Did they also Reset Preferences after doing the install?

If not, you should go back and ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 2019 release. The patches are all installed. yes preferences were reset too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you do not have a extra space at the end of your Publish Title. This resolved the issue for me.

I did not notice until I shared my machine with adobe and I notice when he tried to publish and change the title, there was a space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

genius!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to ressurect a dead thread, but THIS solved the issue for me!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources