• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Fatal error" when attempting to Copy+Paste an image

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recieve the message "A fatal error has ocurred and the Application is being terminated" every time I attempt to Copy+Paste an image that is a button. This is NEW, and the only change that has happened between today and yesterday is that I began removing Adavanced Actions that had no usage, as well as multiple slides. I have a back-up copy, but this is maddening! Anyone have any ideas on how to get around this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, you need to find out whether this issue is across all projects or just the one you are working on.

Can you create a new blank project and recreate the issue there by copy/pasting an image button that is totally unrelated to your current project?  I.e. Not using the same image or button settings.   If only one project is affect and not all projects, then your Captivate installation would appear to be OK and the issue is isolated to your project or the components you are trying to copy/paste.

What happens if you remove the button settings to make it nothing more than an image again?  Do you get the same error? It could be that in the process of removing unused Advanced Actions you have introduced a conflict because one or more of those redundant actions were actually connected to the image.  Removing the actions and/or Use as Button setting (so that the image is no longer a button) might remove the conflict.

If removing the button setting or actions makes no difference, then try a different image to see if the image file is corrupted.  If the issue seems isolated to a specific image or object, delete it and recreate again with a fresh image.  If it seems to be related to a specific slide in the project, delete that slide and recreate from scratch.

If you still get the error on that particular project but not on other new projects, it is possible that your project CPTX has become corrupted and might need to be recreated.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which type of image: bitmap or SVG used as button? I presume you don't mean the old type of image button. And you were copy/paste within the same project?

Did that image used as button have an attached Advanced action? If yes, can you post a screenshot of the Preview of that action?

You always need to be very careful when deleting advanced actions, even though you think they had no usage. It is possible that they are still linked to some item in the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image Type: PNG
Buttons - some had advanced actions, some did not, and were simple buttons. Some buttons were newly created after the deletions ocurred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whenever possible I will avoid copy/paste for interactive objects, especially when they trigger advanced actions.  Of course, since you cannot define object styles for images used as buttons, it is very tempting to use copy/paste.

It looks like the project has been corrupted which was probably due to the deletion of compromised advanced actions. Is it possible to copy/paste slides to a new blank project using the same resolution and theme? Check the Advanced Interaction panel to avoid issues with messing up advanced actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources