• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Unlimited tries" Quiz in Captivate never sends the "failed" success status to the LMS

Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discoverd that when publishing for SCORM 2004 the "success" status would never change to "failed" if the quiz's Fail option was set to "unlimited tries".

This is not the case when publishing for SCORM 1.2. The LMS records a failure properly.

If I set the Quiz failure to only allow 1 try and failed it, then the SCORM 2004 version would send the proper "failed" status. But I don't want a quiz with limited tries.

This seems like a bug.

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please try the course on SCORM Cloud to check if your setup is correct, and if this is to be changed in Captivate or is due to your LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was tested in SCORM Cloud. I have not tried in any other LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a related issue, for courses based on page views the Success status will only  show "unknown" or "Passed".

I haven't been able to get a "Failed" result. This seems like less of an issue to my client, it's the courses with actual quizzes where they want to see a "failed" result. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just add a scored button somewhere near the end of the slides that are required for the user to view.  That way clicking the button sends a score to the LMS and it is regarded as having 'passed' the quiz.  As long as the learners click that button you should get your Passed status even though there are no actual quiz question slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not allowed to make edits to the content of the course - there is no budget in either time or money. This is strictly a republishing job for an update to a new LMS that uses SCORM 2004. I am republishing over 400 courses.

It seems really hacky to have to add a button (plus user instructions etc) to compensate for the fact Captivate can’t mark a course failed if the passing criteria is viewing all slides.

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the SCORM reference guide instead of blaming Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed.  Captivate's SCORM code complies with the standard.  It comes from Rustici software, the people that built SCORM Cloud LMS. So if your module is working this way in SCORM Cloud that means that it IS functioning perfectly as per the standard, whether you like the way it works or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources