• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random submit button & player navigation

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a random submit button showing up on a slide. It looks like the one from a text entry object, . It only shows up when published. There is no text entry box in the timeline. This submit button does not show up in the timeline. How can I get rid of it?

Another issue:

When I get to the quiz results, it won't let me go back. I am using the built in player navigation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be set to display for the rest of the Project. Look in Advanced Interaction panel (F9) to check if there is a Text Entry Box on a previous slide.

Which type of questions did you insert and what are the settings. Pretest questions will prevent navigation, as will the Quiz option 'Submit All'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked and there is no Text Entry box on the advanced interaction panel. The submit button also appears on the very first slide of the eLearning. I can't find it anywhere.

Also, when i go to the slide, the submit button appears, but then when I press Play, Pause, Play in the player, it disapears.

I have some knowledge check questions, and then 10 quiz questions at the end. The results slide is right after the quiz questions.

each quiz question has 2 attempts

user must pass quiz

submit all is NOT selected

Quiz results slide:

Actions:

On Enter: Continue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Main master slide in that case. Does it have a Submit button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope- I check all master slides and there is nothing..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are some of the slides captured as software simulation slides? Could you post a screenshot of a slide with that ghost Submit button?

You told that it shows up in Preview, is this Preview in Browser or Preview HTML in Browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Here is an image of the button that shows up. No software simulation slides. It shows up when I preview (i..e preview 5 slides) and when I publish and open in my browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be the button of a D&D as well, do you have a D&D slide?

Do you have advanced actions? To find the culprit, I would start hiding slides one by one and Preview in Browser or Preview HMTL in Browser. When you don't see the button, it is somewhere in the hidden slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ivassi,

Are you still facing the issue ? Let us know the status of your problem.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. There's a submit button in the preview of the slide but does not show up anywhere else. I tried checking the master slide, Advanced Interaction panel and looking in the state view. It doesn't appear anywhere else but the preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If by 'Preview of the slide' you mean the option 'Play slide', that is not a valid Preview method, is meant only to use for synchronizing during editing.

Can you select that Submit button? If yes, check if it is set to be visible in output (the eye icon in the Properties panel).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I can select the button. The button shows up when i click "Preview" and then select "play slide or View from this slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, read my previous answer! That is NOT a preview method. Di you check if  the  button is visible in output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain how to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the eye icon in the Properties panel. does it have a bar?

Visible.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't. the videos (web objects) are not hidden. They web objects work fine when I upload the SWF/HTML5 version to scormcloud though. they just don't work in the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was asking about the Submit button, because your question was about that button not showing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I cannot tell you how this issue happens, but I can tell you how to get rid of it...and a bit more about the nature of the happening.  In the Google link below is an example cptx file that exhibits this same issue.

Captivate Issues - Google Drive

The example is from a student of mine, who does not know how the problem happened.

I reduced the project down to just the one slide.

The Issue:  A yellow Submit button appears for 4.8 seconds when doing a regular Project Preview, but does not show otherwise. 

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 10.50.46 PM.jpg

The button does not appear on the Stage.  Nor in the Timeline. Nor does it appear in the Published project.

Nor if Previewed in the Browser, instead of within Captivate.

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 10.48.53 PM.jpg

Here is how to get rid of this annoyance:

1. Create a new blank slide. 

2. Then from the Timeline on Slide 1, select and copy all the objects. 

3. Select the new slide on the Filmstrip and paste.

3. Then delete Slide 1.

4. You may also need to change the background on your new slide.

Under Properties > Background  choose Master Slide Background

That will fix it.

Further Experiments with the Mystery Object

As to what this object is...here is something I tried.

Before I deleted Slide1, I selected it on the Filmstrip and copied it.

I then opened a new Captivate Blank project, and  pasted in the copied slide.

The mysterious object was then visible on the Stage, but still not on the Timeline.

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 11.06.05 PM.jpg

You will see that it is locked, and so cannot be moved. 

But it is selectable on the Stage.

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 11.07.44 PM.jpg

Note that under Properties, the mystery object shows as a Text Entry Button, but of course there is no text entry box.

And under Properties, you can unlock it. 

Then the fun begins.

If you drag on the item...you find there are four of them!

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 11.15.19 PM.jpg

None of the objects appear on the Timeline either.  But are movable and delete-able.

All very mysterious! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may have seen something like this before.

Just out of curiosity, did the original project ever have any Drag and Drop slides in it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  There were drag and drops. 

I tried deleting each of those one at a time to see if this mystery object would go away.  It did not.

Probably unrelated, but I note that  this one slide project, with no objects, and just one 167 KB background image, is still 7.4 MB in size. Copying and pasting the slide into a blank project results in a project just 926 KB in size.

So Captivate is holding onto something.  It would be nice if Adobe had a purge button to clean up bloat!

-regards,

Troy Challenger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Well this is very interesting.

Many years ago now my little company Infosemantics developed a Drag and Drop widget for Adobe Captivate.  (This was way before native drag and drop was added to the product in Captivate 6.)  Our widget made it possible for anyone to create drag and drop interactions in their elearning courses.

However, while developing and testing this Widget we ran into a problem where Captivate would automatically create duplicates of dragged objects and put them back in the same spot from which you dragged the original object.  It was a huge pain in the proverbial for the poor but talented Widget King programmer (my son Tristan).  He could find no way to prevent Captivate from creating these duplicates.  So the solution he came up with was to detect the duplicates and immediately send them 1000 pixels off stage into the scrap area where they would never be seen.

Originally we thought that maybe this issue was simply because our widget was messing with something in the Captivate code.  But recently, we discovered that Captivate's own native drag and drop functionality seems to have the same issue.

Long story short.  I think these phantom Submit buttons are remnants belonging to drag and drop interactions that are (as you suggested) lurking unseen somewhere in the guts of the CPTX file.

Yes it would be nice if there was a purge feature.  But I tend to feel that might be viewed as too risky.  It would be better if the Captivate programmers simply fixed the original bug with drag and drop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Troy. Your blood should be bottled!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources