• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-inserting Results slide to quizzes on Captivate 8

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a course with six modules, which all have a short quiz at the end. When previewing the project with the project manager, the quiz slides didn't allow us to move forward in the course preview (and neither did the play bar). I had to go in and remove the quiz slides and results slides in order to showcase the whole course for my manager.

Now that I attempt to work on the quizzes, I'm able to insert question slides but not the results slides I wish to appear at the end of each short quiz.  Could this be a global quiz setting I should change? Is there a way I can reset the quizzes in the course and start from the beginning (with results slides being displayed)?

I realise this is probably 101 stuff for all you veteran Captivate users but please bear with me...I'm a newbie to Captivate.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 13, 2015 Feb 13, 2015

I am bit puzzled: you can have only one quiz and one score slide in a CP-file (SCORM requirement) and you seem to talk about multiple results slides?  That should mean that you created custom intermediate score slides like I explained here: Intermediate Score Slides - Captivate blog

Or is each module a separate cptx-file? The score slide will not be deleted at all, it is just hidden. you can make it visible again using Quiz Preferences, Settings, "Show Score at the End of the Quiz"

As for resettin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2015 Feb 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am bit puzzled: you can have only one quiz and one score slide in a CP-file (SCORM requirement) and you seem to talk about multiple results slides?  That should mean that you created custom intermediate score slides like I explained here: Intermediate Score Slides - Captivate blog

Or is each module a separate cptx-file? The score slide will not be deleted at all, it is just hidden. you can make it visible again using Quiz Preferences, Settings, "Show Score at the End of the Quiz"

As for resetting the questions that is only possible by using the Retake button. On Retake the user will be sent to the first scored object or question slide. This means that you'll have to provide more than 1 attempt on Quiz level. More information about question/score slide:

Question Question Slides in Captivate - Captivate blog

Question Question Slides - Part 2 - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this was helpful. I have built the course as one cptx-file but may divide it into individual modules to enable individual quizzes at the end of each module.

Thanks again for your thoughts! I really appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I made a multiple choice quiz without using the template quiz slides (because I wanted the select buttons to look differently). The buttons are smart objects and I have 2 feedback pages (correct and incorrect) that link to these buttons. The feedback pages are buttons themselves to move on to the next question. I see there is an option to score and add points to quiz when the feedback page is clicked... My question is: "Is it possible to show these results at the end of the quiz?"  

I really appreciate any insight / help to solving this.

Thank You!

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You created a custom question.  Each interactive object can be scored, look at the bottom part of the Properties panel for the Reporting section. Score slide is inserted using Quiz Preferences. You can check the total score in the Advanced Interactions panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow thanks for your quick reply!

I'm looking in quiz preferences but I don't see the option to insert a Score Slide...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I think I see it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wohooo! It works! THANK YOU!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the game is played quickly the percentage of right vs. wrong answers is correct, but when it is played slowly the results show %100 even when there are wrong answers... I appreciate any help figuring this out. 

Thank You,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Something is awry with your setup, with your advanced/shared actions, maybe even with the timeline. How would it be possible that the speed influences the score, never have seen that. I have created many custom question slides, as you can see in my blog.

Also wonder whether you issue is related with the original question in  this thread, which was solved as you can see. This looks something totally different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources