Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Record User Audio Directly From Slide Using js

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am trying to work out a solution to record student audio from a slide as part of a language class (students record themselves saying sentences in the other language directly from the slide)

So far, I have been attempting to use implemetations of the following javascript libraries and tutorials:

https://github.com/mattdiamond/Recorderjs 

- https://github.com/bryanjenningz/record-audio

I keep running into issues whenever I attempt to insert my code either inside of a button as an advanced action or inside of index.html and then reference the function on a button.

The idea would be to get recorded audio from the student, allow playback and/or re-recording, and finally send off the recording to a SQL server.

Does this project seem possible given the restraints of Adobe Captivate; does anyone have any ideas?

TOPICS
Advanced , Audio and video , Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I like this idea. It would take some considerable time playing with this for me to know for sure about possibility.

In the meantime... a couple questions...

First of all - have you added the library to the proper folder post-production and also updated the index.html file post-production to point to that library? At this point you may wish to upload to a server and test.

It is possible to do some other work on that aspect of things but that is another thread.

Secondly, have you tried building a working html file that works on its own and then placing it on the Captivate stage as an HTML5 Animation?

This second method presents it's own set of challenges as it becomes tedious to test due to the potential need for the parent window and the iFrame to communicate.

I typically will place all of my functions as an onEnter action to the slide so that they can be called from any of multiple events on the slide, whether that be a button click or something else.

Those are my first thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources