Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstalling captivate 2019 after enterprise account has been disabled

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

New to the community and I just wanted to ask if there was a way I could completely remove the previous version of Captivate from my laptop. I was given access to an enterprise account which I had to install on my laptop, as my company's desktop didn't have the required specs to run the program. I've recently resigned and I was thinking of getting an individual license. 

I couldn't sign out of the account that's associated with the software installed on my laptop because I no longer have access to the email. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling captivate using my new account, but as soon as it launches I just get a message telling me that my membership's expired and the credentials displayed are still those from my old company. When I click on the option to log in with a different Adobe ID, it suddenly tells me that I need to update my browser. It is updated though, and I've also tried the other workarounds involving the registry and the P7 file.

Is there any way I can completely remove Captivate 2019 from my laptop and start with a fresh installation?

Thanks a lot for your help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that you didn't get any answer yet, which is rare on this forum.

You need to know that this forum is almost exclusively based on help from other Captivate users. Your situation is probably out of the expertise for those users, anyway that is the case for me, feel completely incompetent to help you out.

I will try to get you help from a staff member.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gone are the days when I would hack the Windows Registry and delete various files found all over my hard drive. When I find that my software is no longer behaving as expected I reset Windows entirely and reinstall all my software as if it was the first time. Of course, this assumes that your computer is yours to do as you please. If your computer is owned by your organization you should reach out to your IT department for this process.

Spend some time gathering the installation files from all the various sources of your software and place those on a thumb drive. For me, that's Adobe Captivate, Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, Techsmith Camtasia and Snagit, as well as some smaller apps I use as well. Next backup your working files. I use OneDrive from Microsoft so all my stuff is constantly backed up to the cloud and I don't have to worry about this step but if you don't then you'll need a portable hard drive or large thumb drive for this step.

Once you have all your files backed up you can begin the reset process (I'm using Windows 10).

1. Press the Windows Start button
  2. Press Settings
  3. Press Update & Security
  4. Press Recovery
  5. Press Reset this PC / Get Started
  6. follow the prompts to make selections appropriate for your situation

Before too long you will have a clean installation of Windows. reinstall your software and sign back into your various services.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I have sent you a private message and shared the details to contact us directly so that we can connect and look into the issue. I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources