• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reporting settings for multiple interactions in the same slide

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I've created a few simulations in the last few months and the posts here are so helpful! This is my first post 🙂

Let me explain a bit about the software that we're simulating and this specific scenario. Sometimes there are multiple ways of accomplishing the same action. Here's an example. You can add a record to the grid by clicking the Add button (lower-left) or the smaller button with the '+' icon at the upper-right:

image.png

We would like to add two click boxes to the slide to allow the student to intuitively choose the option they want and successfully continue to the next slide. These are easy to implement and after clicking either of the two buttons the project continues to the next slide successfully.

However, we use this as an assessment activity and we can't figure out how to to get the reporting settings right.
image.png

Even if we select the reporting check boxes linked to both click boxes, the score at the end shows as if the attempt was failed for either of the two options. 

image.png

What are we missing? Is there some sort of branch logic that can be set up somewhere? Have you used a workaround for a similar scenario?

I'd appreciate any pointers on this, thanks for you help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have answered a similar question couple of days ago? Was that you as well? 

Will look it up, because I did write a long answer... will be back when I find the thread.

Found it:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate/software-simulation-quiz-scoring/td-p/11233993?aid=18268_52...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri, thank you for pointing us to one of your earlier replies. We were hoping the branch aware feature would be available for software simulations too but I now understand better how the reporting score works and how to check the Advanced Interaction panel. Thank you for your help!

In the end, we decided to not assign a score to any of the click actions for this type of scenarios (which actually don't happen too often). We still let the student know when their answer was correct but we're happy not to include the corresponding point in the overall score. This suits our soft grading approach for this course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, glad it helped a little bit?. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources