• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reset D&D slide to not answered correctly OnEnter

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  I am working on a training module that contains a drag and drop slide, where the learner drags an object to another section of the screen, as if they are in a software application with draggable widgets (screenshots used to simulate the application).  There is only one drag source and one target on the slide.  Infinite attempts. Not reported to a Quiz.  I used a blank slide and added the D&D interactivity. Using 2019 Release 11.5.1.499 on Windows 10

The initial setup works perfectly, BUT...once the correct D&D is completed (on success action automatically goes to the next slide that shows what they would see in the application on a successful D&D), the learner can never go back and do it again as the D&D has already happened and the source is gone.  This section of the module is a part of a "practice" section, after being shown what to do.  We allow them to go back and practice as many time as they want, but the D&D, once correct, cannot be done again. We have advanced and/or shared actions onenter of the practice slides to reset everything so they can practice over and over again, but I cannot find a way to do this with the D&D interactivity.  Is this possible (resetting the D&D slide to NOT having been aready answered correctly so that the action can be done again)?  No submit, undo or reset buttons used. Would love a D&D answered correctly variable to assign back to zero!

Any help/ideas are greatly appreciated.

Gracias!

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If  you did set up the D&D slide as a Knowledge Check slide (no score) it will be automatically reset when you re-enter the slide.  Are you sure that you didn't set it up as a Quiz slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was what I expected to happen Lilybiri.  I was informed that the slide the D&D was put into was created via a blank slide with no scoring and the Include in quiz is unselected. Cannot find any scoring that was added anywhere.  I used the interaction wizard to crate the D&D stuffs. I did not create the original blank slide in our template but I will start from scratch, again (sigh), and start with the D&D stuffs this time.  Thanx you for yor quick reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I rebuilt the "practice" slide from scratch with the D&D stuffs, then added our mandtory practice shared actions to it so that everything else works and Voila!  All good, everything resets on returning to the slide, as expected.  No idea what was on the other slide that had anything to do with quizzing, but since we are a team working with this template, I may never know.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If by 'template' you mean a cptl file, just know that those files have several issues since a while. I never use them. Create a well-designed theme, which will be sufficient in most use cases and easily upgraded to newer versions. Shared actions can easily be added from an external library. No real need for a cptl file. Your previous problem may have been linked with the issues I talked about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources