Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive - button placement and looping

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm creating a responsive module and have 2 questions. 

1. My button moves off the slide in the phone view. I've tried a bunch of options and for some reason the button always goes off to the right in the phone view. 

Destop view

DesktopView.jpg

Phone view

PhoneView.png

2. I want to loop a slide until the user clicks a button. There is a video playing on the slide. I created 2 slides that are identical and the second slide should loop to the first one on exit. It works for 1 loop but then it just continues to the next slide. Randomly it will work properly (without me changing any settings). 

SlideSettings.png

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help. 

Leanne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... by default Responsive projects mean Fluid Boxes workflow. But I don't see any fluid box in the Timeline. If you switched over to Breakpoints, the UI should have been different. 

Did you take any training about using Fluid Boxes? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Thanks for replying. 

I have done the training in the Captivate certificate program. 

I have 1 fluid box on the slide. 

But GOOD NEWS! When I ungrouped the button (I had an image and a shape behind it), it worked! Strange and I don't understand why that fixed it. Maybe a bug?

Any suggestions with the looping. I watched your video about creating a loop but it required the user to click to make the loop happen. I want to loop UNTIL the user clicks. 

Thanks

Leanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I was not really awake anymore yesterday. 

I see now on your screenshots that you are busy with a slide video! You cannot have a slide video inside of a Fluid box. That is the reason why I told you immediately that the Timeline shows nothing in a Fluid box. You need to have that video on a slide set up with Position Properties, without fluid boxes.

That is a serious limitation of course for the responsiveness. Youwil also need to set up any other object with those Position Properties on that slide. 

BTW, but now off topic: you cannot stack items in a normal fluid box, only in a static fluid box. You cannot group items in a fluid box. And you did't know that only event video is possible in a fluid box. Certfication training: introduction to multitude of aspects, but not in-depth training at all. 

Moreover: avoid mulitple obhects when it can be done with one object. Use a shape filled with an image instead of an image on top of a shape:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/turn-an-image-into-a-button

It is a bit older blog... which means that this was already possible many years ago (since version 6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you...that is what I needed to know that videos didn't work in fluid boxes. That is what I thought.

What about question 2 about that looping? Why wouldn't what I setup work with 2 identical slides and then it just loops between the 2 slides until the user clicks? 

Thanks

Leanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You didn't answer about the 'video' about looping which you did see.

I didn't tell that video is not working in a fluid box, event video will work fine. For slide video you need a normal slide, set up with Position Properties panel which is inherited from the Breakpoint views workflow.

The On Exit slide event is never to be trusted, because it happens just after the last frame... makes it very tricky to use micro-navigation or simple navigation which is what you tried. I have some possibilities in mind but need to try them out (never post an answer without checking). What will that button click do besides pausing the slide which will pause the synchronized slide video?  The example you posted has a video of 15secs, do you want to use looping for longer videos? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources