• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive project - videos not working on mobile screen

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I’ve built a video object with multiple states in a responsive project, Captivate version 11.5.0. When I play the slide on a desktop, I can click custom buttons to change between video states and start different videos autoplaying. When I play the slide on a phone, the videos display as plain black or white screens and won’t play even using the video skin controls. Does anyone know why there would be a difference between the videos displaying or not, based on the screensize used to view the slide? Thanks.

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you will find this issue is more likely to be due to the different way that mobile devices handle video.  As an experiment, try creating a test project with the same videos on separate slides and see whether or not they play on the same mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similiar problem.  Any solution found?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up having to reformat the videos through Media Encoder to .mp4 (although they were already .mp4 files, they'd been recorded on an Apple device and someone gave me a tip recoding them might help) and then embed one video per slide. This allowed the videos to play on mobile view. Good luck with your project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe you ignore that mp4 includes a lot of codecs, and you just didn'tt have the right codec for Captivate.  When you talk about mobile devices, do you mean also only Apple devices? They have their own laws as you may know as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources