• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retain Preference Settings from One Computer to Another

Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that you can edit the preferences with no project open and have those save the preferences for all future projects created. I also know that I can set preferences like the default duration of shapes for a particular project. If I send that file to another Captivate user, will those preferences get maintained for the other user?

Paul Wilson, CTDP
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

If you are talking about Global Preferences, they only exist on your system. You can tell when the preferences are Global because the Preferences dialog indicates it clearly.  However, you will notice that there is no section for Quiz Settings that you can configure as a Global Preference.

GlobalPreferences.png

Other preferences apply only to the CPTX project file that was open and those would be saved in the file.   These are shown by the dialog as Project Preferences. 

ProjectPreferences.png

So for example you can set up a CPTX to have

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about Global Preferences, they only exist on your system. You can tell when the preferences are Global because the Preferences dialog indicates it clearly.  However, you will notice that there is no section for Quiz Settings that you can configure as a Global Preference.

GlobalPreferences.png

Other preferences apply only to the CPTX project file that was open and those would be saved in the file.   These are shown by the dialog as Project Preferences. 

ProjectPreferences.png

So for example you can set up a CPTX to have certain SCORM settings that travel with the CPTX file because they can only be Project preferencs,

So, look at the Preferences dialog and it will tell you what you are dealing with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rod. That's what I was looking for.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources