Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retain State on Slide Revisit and animated gifs

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Cp 2019 Mac]
I have an animated gif with a custom state Visited, which is essentially the same gif in a different color. An advanced action on a button in the same slide changes the state of the gif to Visited, then opens a URL in a new window. When I preview my project (Preview > Live Preview on Devices) the advanced action works as expected, but if I navigate away from the slide and return to it, the gif has returned to its Normal state, even though its Retain State on Slide Revisit property is selected. On slides where my image states are comprised of pngs, Retain State on Slide Revisit is working as expected. Am I missing something? Can anyone confirm this behavior with animated gifs?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the only problem with animated GIFs in the most recent version for HTML output.   You can log it as a bug. More problems: Pause on Enter will not work for animated GIFs, lot of animated GIFs do not work as expect. The looping is not always functional neither. You found another one: you cannot retain states if the normal state has an animated GIF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Lilybiri!

[sigh]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many frames/seconds are your animates GIFs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

30fps,  ~1.67 seconds each.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources