Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Return variable value to LMS

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,👋

I got a task to create a customised quiz. So I used advanced actions for creating the quiz and was storing the scores accordingly in a variable. On the last slide I am able to show the score obtained, using that variable... But I am confused that how this variable will return it's value to LMS system. Because when I press F9 and check for points in the Quiz it shows nothing. It means internally no scores are associated which generally returns the value to LMS....

SO WHAT TO DO..please help...I shall be highly obliged...

Thanks a lot in advance 🙂

TOPICS
Advanced actions , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.  By default Captivate provides no way to report the value of a User Variable to the Quiz so that it can be reported to the LMS.

The two solutions are to use JavaScript (if you know how) or use the Infosemantics CpExtra widget which is not free.

https://widgetking.github.io/cpextra/variables/command.html#xcmndscore

Briefly, you add an interactive object such as a button or click box to the project, asssign it with any score you want (e.g. 100 points), and use xcmndScore to override the value of that interactive object so that your own variable score gets reported to the LMS instead of the default one.  The user never needs to click the button or click box.  CpExtra takes care of all the JavaScript programming required so that you do not need to learn how to do it or pay a programmer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 👍😊 a lot for your suggestion. I want to know that If I use the alternative of writing a javascript code.

Than do I have to write just one single code at the end to return the final value of variable to LMS or at every scoring point (clickable point) I have to add a javascript code in the advanced action section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know how to program in JavaScript?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a good grip over it but my partner is fluent enough in
javascript and other markup langauges...So if you suggest me something in
this regard than I can talk with him and we both could achieve the target
together.

Thanks 🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First tell your partner to become familiar with the Adobe Captivate JavaScript API documentation here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/captivate/using/common-js-interface.html

You can execute JS code in Captivate in several ways, but the most common and easiest to start with is just to execute it from within an Execute Javascript Action.

ActionSingle_ExecuteJS.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for your support. 🤗It means a lot to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources