Exit

Reveal custom navigation on quiz slides after question is answered

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.

First off, sorry for the scribbles.

I have a client that wants the custom buttons (navigation) to appear after a learner answers a quiz question. The quiz is a single attempt quiz and is a requirement for for reporting purposes. I'm not sure how to make this happen since I can't apply an unhide action. Also, this navigation needs to stay unhidden for the entire course once the quiz question is answered. The user won't be able to answer the question but the hope is they can travel back and forth to read the content information.

Any help is appreciated.

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 10.46.53 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not completely clear what you want. I hope you are aware of the fact that the answer will be blocked if the learner comes back to the question slide?

Do you have only one attempt on both question level and quiz level? Do you allow Review in the Quiz Preferences?

You will need to use the On Enter action of the question slide to turn the custom navigation buttons on. But I don't know if those buttons are on the master slides or on the first slide and timed for the rest of the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Thanks for the reply I'll try to clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have preferred to give me answers. I have watched that almost 4 minutes of video but still didn't get them. I only learned that:

• You are on Mac
  • You allow backwards navigation but took out the default back button
  • You have Review enabled 
  • Those custom buttons appear on each slide where you need them, they are not on the master slide nor timed for the rest of the project. Which would mean you only need them on the quiz slides?

I still don't know the answer to the question: How many attempts do you allow ON QUIZ LEVEL???

The only answer I can give now is:

• Group the Back and Next button, label them Gr_buttonx
  • Use the On Enter event of the question slide to 'Hide Gr_buttonx'
  • Use the Success and last Attempt actions for a shared action (certainly if you have multiple slides with the same requirement) or an advanced action like this:
        Show Gr_buttonx
        Continue  (or go to Next Slide)

BTW next time you record such a video, please open the Timeline panel.  It provides a lot of information which I didn't ask about yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you trying to help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the easiest way for your partiular use case where the buttons are individually inserted on each slide where they are needed. Just want to tell that if you need this on multiple slides, there are better solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate that. For this particular project, I just needed a quick and dirty solution, but I take into considerattion your thoughts for future builds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something like this might be a solution for you: https://youtu.be/wa4KBTH7t-w

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Paul. It was a plesure having you as my instructor a couple months ago for the Captivate live training and thank you for the video suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources