• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Review Assessment removes the Retry Button

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have a quiz with 5 attempts set up. Captivate 2019 and SCORM 1.2. I can use my 5 attempts when I use the Retry Button on the Results slide, but if I use the Review Quiz button when I review and then reach the Results slide I cannot see the Retry button anymore.

It has been some time since I have  used Retry button inside Captivate. Is that behaviour normal?

Thanks in advance

Bobby

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

This is the behavior by design for Quizzes. The Attempts on Quiz level are considered to be exhausted when the learner clicks the Review button. It is also logical: Review offers all the information about which answer is correct,  if you would allow a Retake after Review, you just encourage cheating. 

There is a lot to be learned about Quizzes. You could have a look at these two blogs (have over 30 about Quiz):

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/02/captivates-quizzes-3-attempts-scores/

Quiz Tweaks 5: Results slide - eLearning (adobe.com)

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that behaviour is completely normal for Captivate.   Clicking the Review Quiz button allows the learner to see all correct and incorrect answers for the quiz questions. 

If you had to design an e-learning authoring tool, would you set it up so that the learner be allowed to click a button and see all correct answers to the quiz then immediately go back and reattempt the quiz?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the behavior by design for Quizzes. The Attempts on Quiz level are considered to be exhausted when the learner clicks the Review button. It is also logical: Review offers all the information about which answer is correct,  if you would allow a Retake after Review, you just encourage cheating. 

There is a lot to be learned about Quizzes. You could have a look at these two blogs (have over 30 about Quiz):

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/02/captivates-quizzes-3-attempts-scores/

Quiz Tweaks 5: Results slide - eLearning (adobe.com)

There is an easy fix for non-responsive projects to prevent clicking on Review button before having exhausted the attempts on quiz level: drag the Review button under the Retake button. The Retake button will then disappear only when the attempts are done to make the Review button visible. For non-responsive projects it is more complicated, look at the second blog which I posted.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lieve,

This makes sense. Although if we have questions banks with 100 questons the user will not get the same qustions, the logic is there.

I will explore the option you propose.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Within the same session the random questions are always the same when using Retake. You will only get a new subset from the pools if you start a new session.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines