Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rollover captions and voiceovers

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Is it possible to have a voice over attached to a rollover caption, so when a user rolls over a rollover caption, a voiceover is also triggered? 

Thank you,

Jess

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can attach audio to the rollover state or to the caption itself.  In both cases it will be object audio, which means it will only play when the state or the caption becomes visible. I hope you are aware of the fact that Rollovers are only supported for desktop/laptop, not for mobile devices?

If you mean Text To Speech by 'voice over' (because terminology is often an issue with questions), you first have to create the TTS as slide audio, find it in the Library, attach it to the state or the caption, then delete the slide audio.

In all cases described you will not be able to add Closed Captioning with the default workflow in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, yes I am aware that rollovers are only supported for desktop/laptop. I do not use text to speech as I record my own audio for the modules I produce. I was also wondering if there is a way to stop slide audio if a user rollovers a caption containing audio?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can only stop slide audio when using a pausing point of an interactive object. Such an object comes with events. However the only rollover event that ever was available in Captivate was for the rollover slidelet, which now is deprecated due to the demise of Flash Player.

To achieve what you want, you could CpExtra (widget created by InfoSemantics) which allows you to create events, or Javascript. 

More information about the timeline and audio clips in my blog post:

Pausing Timeline and Audio clips - eLearning (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, no. The ability to pause the slide, show a rollover caption, and play audio is too much for a simple system-generated Rollover Caption object.

However, asking a smart shape activated as a button to do that with advanced actions, is very possible but only as a clickable action (well, you can create a "rollover caption" creating shapes and adding text in the Rollover state of the button, but that is all). Think of the rollover state as only controlling the visual components of the slide, while the buttons you can create with smart shapes control the mechanics of the slide (pause, play, show, hide, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources