Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rookie with sharing issues

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 
I have just finished my first Captivate project with, videos and a quiz. 

Since I finished my project I have spent 2 hours trying to understand how I can share it with others. 

Once I do the entire "Publish to computer" action, I get a aip folder. Inside the folder there is no Icon that can launch the project, so i guess i cant just sent it to a colleague from Wetransfer.com? 
Instead it seems that people online suggest using SCORM, which i dont quite understand how to. 

Is there really not a simple way to sent my project to others, or just a link, somehow? (I dont have my own website).  

I apologies for probably appearing stupid, and thank You for Your help! 

TOPICS
Download assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Best way is to upload to a webserver. I gave you a link to thz site of amzon.aws. Then you send the URL, which will look like this one (it is on my domain):

http://www.lilybiri.com/published/PlayPause_Scal/index.html

It is the index.html file which will launch the course.

In mylast answer gave a lesser alternative: send the zipped folder (use Dropbox, or WeTransfer). Tell them to unzip the folder and launch the index.html file. Whether this locial viewing (will use localhost) will be fully fun

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you publish to SWF or to HTML? I hope for the last, because Flash Player needed for SWF output is almost dead.

You got a zipped folder, that may be for two reasons:

1. You did set up Reporting for the Quiz, which means you created a SCO, package to be uploaded to a SCORM compliant Learning Management System.
  2. You did check the option in the Publish dialog box to zip the output.

Such a folder, zipped or not, is all what is needed for the website (in case of HTML output). To give access to your webiste you need to upload the folder to a webserver (some require zipped output, like amazon.aws) if you did use scenario 2. If you do have a SCO, you'll need to upload to a LMS. This can be done for free (limited number of files) on SCORM Cloud. In both cases you will have to send the URL to those you want to show your course. 

You cannot send the project just like that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. 
I published to HTML. 

"Such a folder, zipped or not, is all what is needed for the website (in case of HTML output). To give access to your webiste you need to upload the folder to a webserver "
What if I dont have a website? 

I tried to upload it to SCORM cloud, but it said error with the following message:
"Course import failed: zip file contained no courses"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably you didn't create a SCO, but a normal zipped package. Can you show a screenshot of the content of the package? 

You don't need a website, just a webserver. That is why I mentioned amazon.aws

https://aws.amazon.com/

You would also install a webserver on your system, but that may be too complicated for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

content.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, this is not a SCO but a normal zipped package. That is the origin of the error when you tried to upload to SCORM Cloud which is a LMS. 

You could try to send the zipped folder, and instruct to unzip that folder and launch the index.html file. But no guarantee that everything will work as expected, because that is only when uploaded to a webserver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You very much.
I dont quite understand everything you suggest, at I dont know all the terms.

What is, in Your opinion the best method to share with other if you dont have a website yourself.
If possible, keep it simple so I can understand 😄
Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best way is to upload to a webserver. I gave you a link to thz site of amzon.aws. Then you send the URL, which will look like this one (it is on my domain):

http://www.lilybiri.com/published/PlayPause_Scal/index.html

It is the index.html file which will launch the course.

In mylast answer gave a lesser alternative: send the zipped folder (use Dropbox, or WeTransfer). Tell them to unzip the folder and launch the index.html file. Whether this locial viewing (will use localhost) will be fully functional depends on the course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you very much for your help!

A final question - how do I (or they) launch the HTML file once they receive it? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double-click index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now mannaged to upload the correct file to Scorm Cloud. How do I share it with others? 
I have tried to simply send the link to the Scorm Cloud version of my project, but on other computers the following error pops up: 
Content Authorization Failed. 
Oops! It appears your´re not allowed to view this content!

What do I do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used to use Amazon AWS to upload my content for sharing with reviewers but I no longer use that method. I prefer something simpler. Check out my video review on Review My eLearning. They provide an excellent solution for sharing eLearning for review. It's super easy and a great way to collect feedback from your subject matter experts and your stakeholder. https://youtu.be/tFAxIAdISJM

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources