Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotation effect center bug

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, 
today I experienced a strange bug: when I apply a 'RotateTo' effect on an object, in the editor Captivate rotates it around it's center point. When I generate a HTML Preview, in the browser (Chrome) the object rotates around top left corner. (I don't know what happens after publishing, didn't try yet. 🙂 )
Anybody with same experience? 🙂 
Any advice how to fix it? 

Thanks, 
Nora

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm... I will have to double-check because that would be a new bug. Can you confirm that  you are using the most recent version of Captivate and your OS. I am on Windows and use 11.5.5.553.

The reference/registration point for objects is normally the top left corner of the bounding box, with one exception: for Effects it is the center point of that bounding box. Have a look at this blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/reference-slash-registration-point-in-captivate

I did use that knowledge in a more recent use case:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/simple-stopwatch-with-while-loop

The needle in the analog stopwatch is rotating around the center point, which means I have a needle with a ghost extension to get the center point in the correct location. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources