• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Runing Captivate inside of a closed network...

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm am trying to find out if it is possible to run Captivate inside of a closed network - one that has no outside conections. Is it posible for a company to buy a single license of Captivate and set up a license server or something so that th app does not have to phone home? Thanks for any thoughts you might have on this.

TOPICS
Getting started , Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try to contact Adobe directly. AFAIK this is not possible, because an Internet connection is required at least for these reasons:

• The Assets panel needs the connection. You will need to download the assets once you have chosen one. There are some exceptions, but not so much.
  • The Learning Interactions panel will always check if there is no update.
  • You are allowed to use Adobe fonts, which requires also a connection.
  • The verification of the license needs to happen; I have no idea if this is different for a team or enterprise license but it is the case for an individual license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. That helps. I would love to talk to Adobe directly, but I still have not found a phone number - maybe they don't do that. I appreciate your thoughts!

Arcfield Proprietary E-MAIL CONTENT CLASSIFICATION NOTICE CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PROPRIETARY INFORMATION OF ARCFIELD. This e-mail message and/or its attachment contains confidential and/or proprietary information of Arcfield that may only be received, disclosed, or used as authorized by Arcfield. The information in this message may be exempt from release under the Freedom of Information Act. If you received this message in error, please delete all copies and promptly notify the sender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply! I did finally... I think get some sort of answer... After searching high and low for some way to contact Adobe to get this question answered before purchase (get a clue Adobe), I finally had to resort to just message a sales rep. The person that I got online assured me that this - running Captivate in a closed environment - is indeed possible. What I needed was an enterprise license. I explained that I just needed it for myslf - no other users, and they told me that this was doable for, at the timeof this post, $455 USD per year, for the 1 seat. My IT folks are supposedly in contact with this rep at Adobe and procuring the software for me... at least that's what they said. So hopefully this helps anyone else out there that might need to run Captivate in a closed or secure environment. You need an Enterprise Liccense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really hoping that you will confirm the statement of the sales person after you have tried it out. That is very useful to learn about that feature of an Enterprise license. Thanks for the heads up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources