Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scalable/Not-calable Optioon does not change anything

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

currently I am working on a project with many different modules explaining a software via simulation.

No matter wether I am setting the scalable HTML content option on or off when publishing the project Captivate will export it as scalable content.

Because when I open the export in Edge/Firefox/Chrome and pull the corner of the browser window with my cursor smaller also the shown project becomes smaller. The biggest issue is: When I click the fullscreen button of the browser in the top right corner afterwards the browser window becomes large but the shown project stays as small as before.

Have anyone had this issue before?

Grateful for any advice!

Best regards, 

Moritz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My memory tells me I have answered this question already somewhere.

Added information here: you don't have control over the display resolution set by your learners, nor over their use of browsers. I explained what Scalable means and offered a link to one of my blog posts where you see the same Captivate output both as fixed size and using a link, as rescalable version. Here is that same link:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/lets-play-and-dream

Found where I answered, you didn't look at the comments to  your question here:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2021/01/issue-with-scalable-not-scalable-option/#comment-195232

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your (double) help, Lieve.

Ok, so your rescalable version from lets-play-and-dream is behaving different than mine. After decreasing the window size of your card game and then clicking the full-screen button in of the browser your project also becomes full screen again and does not stay small like mine.

Btw I used the same browser for your card game and for my project.

Do you have any ideas what is causing the problem and how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the projects in my blog, except a few, are NON-RESPONSIVE projects, with Scalable HTML feature checked in the Publish dialog box. Maybe you talk about a responsive project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, my project also is non-responsive with scalable HTML feature checked... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another question: do you test after publishing or uploading to a webserver? Local testing will work immediately after publishing when you are invited to do so (if you don't publish to a zipped folder or create a SCO). But after the first test, no guarantee that everything works as expected until uploading to a webserver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is not working either way. It did not work out after putting it into the client's LMS and did not work after opening it locally. Is it fine for you if I give you a part of the .cptx (is it possible here?) or sending you a link to webserver https://elhost.cp-bap.de/test_scale/index_scorm.html to take a look it? This is an export without scalable HTML content checked.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources