• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scale effect starting too early - Captivate CP2019

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for help from you wonderful people.  I have a project I am working on where I have a scale effect and a motion path effect on the same object.  This is actually 2 objects grouped together.  Toward the end of the slide I have that grouped object move to the center of the screen and increase in size a little for emphasis.  Even though the scale effect is set to start 21 seconds into the slide and run for 1 second, it is starting to grow at the beginning of the slide.  All other effects are working properly.  Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

It is not ScaleTo, which is what I should have done, Scale is very abrupt.  How did you test? 

I just double-checked here with a similar setup, and it worked as expected.  

MultiEffect.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the Timeline, with the Effect timelines expanded?

Which objects are grouped? Maybe post a screenshot of the stage with the motion path as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the screenshot showing stage and timeline.  The image with the MS Authenticator app overlay fades in first, and then the Phone image and overlay fades in.  At the end of the slide the Phone image and overlay fades out.  The MS Authenticator image and overlay moves to the center while expanding.  That again is what is supposed to happen but the scaling is starting at the beginning instead of 21 seconds in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not ScaleTo, which is what I should have done, Scale is very abrupt.  How did you test? 

I just double-checked here with a similar setup, and it worked as expected.  

MultiEffect.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the play button in the timeline window and also previewed the next 5 slides.  I switched to ScaleTo and it fixed the issue.  Thanks.  You are always very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful with Preview Next 5 slides if this is a non-responsive project.  Only F11, Preview HTML in Browser uses a temporary HTML output, the other Preview methods are based on temporary SWF output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip!

Cliff Estel

Whole Person Care

Champ Training

Moderator: please do not post personal credentials on a public forum. I took them out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources