• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Score/Completion reporting to LMS in Chrome and Edge but not in IE 11

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I developed a cours ein Adobe Captivate 2019. The client tested it in their LMS using Chrome, Edge, and IE 11. It reports back the completion and score when it runs in Edge and Chrome, but not in IE 11. Unfortunately IE 11 is their preferred/default broswer, so it is important it function properly in that browser. Anyone run into this or know of a fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange. I would test your course using IE11 on SCORMCloud using a free account. If it works there and accurately reports a score to the LMS you can rest assured that the problem is likely their LMS not playing well with IE11 and not a problem with your course.

I would encourage your client to transition to Edge. IE11 isn't very compatible with HTML5 and Microsoft is scheduling to drop support for IE11 in June of 2022. There is an option for your client to run Edge in Internet Explorer mode. This way they can continue to use their legacy applications and web tools but still run a modern browser. Send them this link and see if that helps them in this case.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/edge-ie-mode 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you fo rtaking the time to answer my question. This is helpful advice. The client chose to put a message at the begining of the training to inform learners that the training should bve done in Chrom or Edge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad you got the compromise.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources