• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCORM 2004 - when failed, how to restart module instead of loop?

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a course where the learner's answer a series of knowledge check questions.  If the answer is correct, they get a short response and if they get the answer incorrect, they get a longer response.  At the end of the series of knowledge checks and answers, they complete a graded quiz.  

I am having trouble figuring out how to program the course so that if the final quiz is incorrect, the learner freshly repeats the course. I want it to be as if they are entering the course for the first time but any way I have set it up and tested on scorm cloud, the course doesn't reset.

If It doesn't reset, I run into issues with the knowledge check questions as people only have one attempt to get correct.

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you set the Preferences/Quiz/Pass or Fail/If Failing Grade option to Infinite attempts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the quiz as infinite attempts, but if I put the knowledge check as infinite attempts, then it doesn't force them to move on to the answer unless it is correct.

It's like, I need them to have one attempt per time they try the module. But infinite attempts of the module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default setup for KC slides is indeed with Infinite attempts, but can be changed. They are not included in the score for the Quiz.

For the final quiz, if I understand you well, you want to give the learner multiple attempts on Quiz level, but after the first attempt if failed they need to retake the course from the first content slide? You need to know that answers are only reset when the learner uses the Retake button.  Keep the score slide, let them use the Retake button, and attach this advanced action to the first Quiz slide (of the final quiz):

IF cpQuizInfoAttempts is equal or greater than 2

Jump to slide X                   where X is the first content slide they need to go to

ELSE

Continue

In this setup I supposed that the retake needs to be done for each failed attempt after the first one, you can edit that. The system variable cpQuizInfoAttempts is incremented at the same time as the reset of the answers, by clicking the Retake button.

Not sure, due to the topic title, that this is what you want. The module is not restarted, but everything will be like it is the first time, both for the KC and for the quiz slides.

If you need to reset slides because you have shown/hidden items, and or changed states in mulltistate objects, that is another question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is SO helpful!  Thank you 

Is there a variable for the number of attempts on the KC questions that I can reset to zero when I move the learner's back to the start of the module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, the only attempts system variable is the one on Quiz level.

Have a complete overview in:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/using-quizzing-system-variables

Why would you reset attempts for KC slides? They are automatically reset when you leave the slide, and they are not included in any quizzing system variable. Here is another post which explains all the differences and shared features with normal quiz slides:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/knowledge-check-slides-tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources