Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCORM and AICC Learner Name and ID

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

I am reaching out because I am new to Adobe Captivate and to creating SCORM and AICC packages. My goal is to create a basic SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004 and AICC package that would make use of the certification widget to display the learner's name and id. These pieces of informations will be retrieved from LMS.

I have used the $$cpQuizInfoStudentName$$ and $$cpQuizInfoStudentID$$ variables. Moreover, I have extracted the id by executing the following javascript code: window.cpAPIInterface.setVariableValue("cpQuizInfoStudentID", objLMS.GetStudentID()); Please see below the widget format. 

I have published it as having the eLearning outputs defined above (SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004 and AICC package) but unfortunately for AICC it is not working. The certification widget does not appear, moreover the ID value which is returned is 0. 

I would greatly appreciate if you could help me identify the issue. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that these two "user" variables do not need to be populated using JavaScript like you are doing. Try it without the JavaScript and I think you might find that it auto-populates without the need to intervene. Of course, there are hundreds of LMS out there and your particulate LMS may not do this. I tested it with SCORMCloud and it does give this information by default. It could be that your JavaScript is actually blanking out these variables.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it really necessary to use AICC instead of SCORM?  AICC is mostly used when your content is not being delivered from the same server as the LMS but is coming from elsewhere (i.e. another content server location or third-party company that owns the IP).  In that situation the identity of the learner might not be coming through to the Captivate modules because it's only the LMS that knows who the learner is.

I've never actually encountered a situation where AICC was a better fit than SCORM.  But that might be due to the specific mix of clients I tend to get.  There are some industries that DO use AICC quite a lot.

Since SCORM Cloud allows you to use either of these standards, I would suggest you set up a couple of dummy users on SCORM Cloud and do a test to see whether AICC content deployed there DOES in fact show you the user identity in those variables inside Captivate.  The issue might just be your own LMS that cannot handle it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try to use a Text Entry Box, which you associate with the user variable cpQuizInfoStudentName, and ask in the course for the name of the learner? 

Other data on the certificate are taken from the fields under File, Project Info. Did you fill in those fields?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources