• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCORM/Mobile Video Capabilities

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m running into an issue where courses pauses while playing a video on mobile (cell phones and tablets).
The video 'pops out' into a new screen and pauses the course.
When users close the video and come back to the course the course is paused, so the 'next' button that is set to appear after the time of the video does not appear (example 1 minute video, the next button is set to appear after 60 seconds, since the course is paused the next button will never appear).
Is there a work around for this? Any way to have the course keep playing, or the videos not pop out?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you will find that having videos play this way is just standard behaviour for most mobile browsers.  They have always worked somewhat differently to desktop PC browsers when it comes to videos because the screen sizes on mobile devices are so small.  Allowing the video to 'pop out' and go full screen width was just a way to allow the user to turn the phone or tablet sideways to Landscape mode and see the video at its largest possible size.

My suggestion would be to redesign the way you have set up the course so that the user can play the video and then does NOT need to wait another minute or more for the Next button to appear.  After all, when the video is present on screen you really want the user to be completely attentive to the video content at that moment, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources