• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCORM preview is cropped

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I preview a project in SCORM cloud, HTML5, or project view it does not show the entire screen of the project.  It seems to just show the center portion.  When I publish it to SCORM and upload it into my LMS it shows the same way.  My LMS supports SCORM 2004 V4 and that is what I am publishing it as (I have tried SCORM 1.2 as well as 2004 V2, V3 also).  Is it a project size issue?  Currently the project is 1280X720.  The project is created in an Unresponsive format and has nothing but text and static images.  Using Captivate 2019.  I have searched for the last hour or so for another similar thread but can't find anything.  By the way, I am new to Captivate so I am still trying to figure things out.  Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do the slides look like when you are viewing the project in Edit mode in Captivate?  Do you then see all content on the slide?  Can you show before publish and after publish screenshots so that we can see what you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The edit screen appears like this:

Captivate Edit screen.PNG

The preview screen looks like this:

Captivate preview screen.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of CP2019 ? Most recent one is 11.5.1 (Windows) or 11.5.4 (Mac)? We are not yet at version 19.

It is a non-responsive project. Hw does it look when using F11, Preview HTML in Browser? That is the only Preview method which is showing a temporary HTML output, the others use SWF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Yes it is CP 2019 11.5.1.499

Looks like this:

Captivate preview screen.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to add a couple more questions to the mix:

Is your browser scale set to 100%? Since you've not developed for responsive, this would effectively crop the project if the scale was >100%.  This assumes you have not checked the Scalable HTML content box on the Publish dialog box.

If you are using the Captivate playbar in your project, is it cropped out, too, or is just the content cropped?

Lastly, if you can, ask someone else to view the project on your LMS to determine if they see the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have Scalable HTML content checked.  The browser is set to 100%.

Play bar shows normal.

All accounts in the LMS do see the project cropped as well.  Both admin accounts and user accounts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your quick responses and help.  I did finally figure out the issue.  Incredibly laughable rookie mistake.  I inserted an image as a background for the project (if you see the screenshots in other comments it is the blue background) that has some company branding.  When I inserted it I didn't realize that it covered the project screen view and extended beyond it.  I then created the training conent based on the size of the background and not the actual project size.  Obviously this is what was causing the displayed information to look cropped.

Again thanks for your help.  It is awesome to know that there is such quick support from this community!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to explain the reason, maybe will help other users!

If you just needed a solid blue background, why not edit the Main Master slide Background, and set it to that blue color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That background was on the master.  The shapes in the background are part of the company logo.  I basically got rid of it altogether and did go with a plain background like you suggested with a different color based on the company branding style guide.  Honestly I think it looks better now and not so distracting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources