• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCORM showing a complete if user starts then closes video

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded SCORM files to our LMS but test group has reported that if they close the video without getting to the end, it marks the video as complete.

Is there a way to force the users to watch the entire video to mark as completed?

There is no quiz attached, the course is simply a short video.

Does anyone have any suggestions (apart from actually adding a quiz at the end)?

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Since I am not sure if you use the term 'video' for an inserted video or the normal output of an interactive project.

If the video is inserted as slide video, you can add a button with a timeline starting near the end of the video. Attach a score to that button, include it in the Total Quiz score. Set up Quiz Preferences to have that score as passing criterion. No need to insert a quiz slide at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could aways add a slide at the end that says something to the effect that you have completed the lesson.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually like the idea of adding a quiz. Just one question. Maybe two depending on length of the video.

The reason is because I can't truly force the learner to watch a video. I can make a button appear based on time but if the learner isn't interested, they can just hit play and go grab a snack from the kitchen while it plays.

By having a question or two tied to the content of the video - it can help ensure that either they watched and got the information I wanted them to get or that they already have the knowledge needed to be successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I am not sure if you use the term 'video' for an inserted video or the normal output of an interactive project.

If the video is inserted as slide video, you can add a button with a timeline starting near the end of the video. Attach a score to that button, include it in the Total Quiz score. Set up Quiz Preferences to have that score as passing criterion. No need to insert a quiz slide at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you @Lilybiri that worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources