Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scorm showing attempt completed before being passed

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!!!

I have a scenario where in Captivate I have it set to where the user has three attempts to pass the quiz. However, in blackboard, if the user tries once, closes out the course, and then tries to come back and attempt the 2 other tries they have, Blackboard has counted it as an attempt and then only lets them view the submission. If they stay in the course it works perfectly but I have a feeling we will run into them closing it out at one point. I can't do three attempt in blackboard either because then it resets the entire scorm package and I don't want them to go through it all over again. 

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thank you!!!!

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Try changing the Quiz Score to points and the Status Representation to Incomplete/Complete/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want the learner to be required to use up all three available attempts, then you need to have LMS Resume Data Bookmarking bookmarking turned on in the SCORM settings in Captivate, and you need to prevent the learner from getting past the Quiz Results slide until either they have passed the quiz or they have used up all three attempts on the quiz. 

First things first.  Can you confirm that you have LMS Resume Data Bookmarking turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I understand, that is the "Never resume data" check box in the advanced settings. I have it checked off so it does resume data. The wierd issue is that if they stop say half way through it works fine and they can come back and it says resume course. It is only once they have attempted the quiz at least once that it is for some reason marking it as "done" even though they should have 3 attempts. then if they exit from the quiz results slide it just says view attempt. Does that make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SCORM 1.2 or 2004?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SCORM 1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show the Setup of Reporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the screen your wanting?

2021-03-29_15-01-59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, too busy! Please change Status Representation. Better Incomplete/Complete than Incomplete/Passed/Failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have checked the box for Never Send Resume Data, then that means LMS bookmarking is turned OFF.  That box should be unchecked if you want bookmarking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is checked off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the Quiz Score to points and the Status Representation to Incomplete/Complete/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wouldn't let me do the points but the status representation worked!! I knew it was something simple because then that opens up the options for the quiz. Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources