Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen Capture Failure - Captivate Crashes

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS: macOS 10.15.7 - Catalina using Captivate MacOs 11.5.5.676
Note: new to Captivate 2019, have not used Captivate for a couple years, but previously on MacOS (9, I think)

I attempt to make a software simulation capture. I have attempted this with default Cmd-Enter and with several custom global keys (same results).

At end of capture, I'm unable to stop recording. No key combination works. I've also clicked the Captivate icon in menu bar. When I do that, Captivate crashes. I have attempted to provide Captivate appropriate permissions in Mac's Security & Privacy settings.

TOPICS
Advanced , Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There have been lots of folks talking about crashing in relation to either software simulation or video demo recently. I suspect the new release of Captivate may have a bug related to screen recording in general. You may wish to email captivatehelp@adobe.com for technical support and report this bug. They may also be able to provide a workaround for the problem.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources