Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling text - not visible in some browsers

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I am using Captivate 2019 v11.5.1.499

I have scrolling text Learning Interactions on some of my pages; however, they are only showing up when I test in Edge. When I test in Chrome, there's just a blank spot where the scroll window should be. I also have a teammate who is working on a Mac, and it doesn't show up for her in Edge OR Chrome. 

Anybody else have this issue, know why it might be caused, and/or have a workaround? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you test? Is it in Preview or after publishing?  Are you one a non-responsive or a responsive project? 

I am a big fan of Scrolling Text interactions, often use them to replace TEBs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested after publishing. On a non-responsive project.

It looks like the learning interaction is actually a SWF object...so it won't show up on any browsers that you've already disabled Flash on. Can't guarantee my learners haven't done that, so going with the first workaround I found:

Paste the text in a word processor, save it as a web page, zip it up, and insert as a web object. Ensure Scrolling is checked on the Properties: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixbXR4HN9Js 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't publish to SWF since over 3 years. The Learning interactions although based on SWF are compatible with HTML5 output, didn't have issues yet.  Do not test the published course locally, but after uploading to a webserver or a LMS. No need for a workaround to me. Something else must go awry.

My most recent blog about Scrolling text is not evenone year old:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/scrolling-text-interaction-to-replace-text-entry-box

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources