Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Second Line Indent in Capivate

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! We're trying to copy/paste text from an outline in a word document into Adobe Captivate slides...standard opperating procedures that  we want to track people reviewing. I'm wondering, is there a way to copy/paste from the word document and have the highlighted lines in the image indent? We don't want to start over with lettering/bullets/numbers as it needs to mirror the SOP's numbering scheme. It's not a huge thing if they don't indent...but I sure would like it if it would. line indent.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying and pasting from any Microsoft product directly into Captivate is asking for trouble because you could easily bring in hidden formatting code that will cause all manner of unpredictable results.  Much as it is probably what you DO NOT want to hear, the best way to copy any text-based information into Captivate is as plain text.  I always run it through Notepad to strip out formatting first.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreeing with Rod completely.

However you cannot achieve this with Captivate's text formatting features after having pasted non-formatted text.

An alternative would be to copy this 'text' as an image to keep all styling. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines