• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serial Number in use by maximum allowed computers (Captivate 2017)

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. I'm having issues with our serial number. I logged out of our company computer and signed in to my personal laptop (w/ permission from the company). And I keep getting this prompt that says that our serial number is in use by max allowed computers. I have read a lot of comments saying that I should've "deactivated" first before uninstalling. But there is no "deactivate" button in our Captivate app. And I have no idea what to do. And it's also telling me to deactivate the other computer in 30 days, and I have 25 days left.

Back story lol: So I logged out and uninstalled the Captivate app from our company computer, and signed in on my personal laptop, and the serial number pop up box keeps showing. So I reinstalled the Captivate app and logged in again on our company pc, and the serial no. pop up box showed up also. And I have already uninstalled and logged out from my personal laptop. I even used the Creative Cloud Tool Cleaner to remove all data and log in credentials from my laptop, but still no changes.

TOPICS
Getting started , Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but being just a user will try to get a staff member to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you talk about logging out/logging in or signing out/signing in - are you referring to the computer or to Captivate?

Both...?

Stagprime_0-1600870319513.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was referring to Captivate. Yes, that one in your screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the CC app installed? It seems weird but that is necessary for Captivate because it has access to Adobe fonts. I contacted the staff but didn't get any answer so far (which is rare). Try signing out of the CC app as well, and sign in again. That seemed to solve some issues as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help! Yes, I have the CC App in our company computer, but when I installed Captivate on my laptop I didn't log in to the CC App.

You mean, I'll try signing out of the CC app whenever I sign out of Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has solved problems for me with Adobe fonts when signing out and back in to the CC app. You need to be logged in to that app when working with Captivate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah I'm always logged in to the Adobe CC app in our company computer. But that didn't solve the issue for me 😕 Where can I contact customer support? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources