• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting Default Hint Shape coordinates for all Quiz slides

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I globally set the xy coordinates for the shapes that are added as feedback hints in a GIFT file?

Consider this simple GIFT content:

::Fruits::Which fruit is yellow? {
~Grape
#That can't be right! Try again.
=Banana
#Yes! That's right!
~Orange
#Now you're being silly.
~Strawberry
#Never seen one of those.
}

Note that the feedback for each answer is preceded by #.

When imported to a project, all four of the feedback comments appear in four separate Default Hint Shape objects in the upper right hand corner. I can easily update the xy coordinates to place each shape where I want it, and also change the size of the shape. But, if I import a GIFT with 20 MC questions with four answers each, that would mean having to adjust 80 objects. That's inefficient and prone to error.

Can I pre-set xy positions and size for these objects?

shapes_02.png

Thanks for any ideas!

Charlie

TOPICS
Editing , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Those are Advanced Answer Captions, not Hint Captions although they use the same Object style. Only MCQ slides with one correct answer support that type of Advanced Answer Caption.

This is a real problem because those captions do not appear on master slides, which means you cannot use them to change and fix their location/size. Moreover since they do not have a specific Object style, you cannot use the hamburger menu to apply the size/location to other objects (on other quiz slides). 

At this mo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are Advanced Answer Captions, not Hint Captions although they use the same Object style. Only MCQ slides with one correct answer support that type of Advanced Answer Caption.

This is a real problem because those captions do not appear on master slides, which means you cannot use them to change and fix their location/size. Moreover since they do not have a specific Object style, you cannot use the hamburger menu to apply the size/location to other objects (on other quiz slides). 

At this moment I cannot think of a possible workaround, formatting of quiz slides is waiting in vain since many versions for a real upgrade. It is even worse for fluid boxes projects.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah. I was afraid of that. 

Thanks for clarifying, Lilybiri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources